A New Life (Safira)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A New Life (Safira)

Post  Rosewind on 10/16/2010, 8:10 pm

Safira pushed through the cat door leading to the garden, her long fur shimmering in the early morning light. She stretched out and laid down in a sunny patch of grass, the dew already dry, the sun warming her fur. She scanned the garden, her green eyes focussing on one thing, then annother. A few birds sat in near by trees, singing the most beautiful songs. It was so peaceful here. Probably the most peaceful time in her life. Before she'd been a part of ClawClan, but had escaped when the Clans attacked, taking with her her mate, Flick, and all the kits, including three of her own. Now the had all grown up and left, either to the forest or new Twoleg homes. And Flick had just vanished one day, leaving her all alone. She had no idea what had happened to him, wheather he was dead or alive. He'd just left with out a trace, and now, she was all alone.

Other cats around here barely talked to her, they could still smell the faint scent of ClawClan on her. Couldn't they see that part of her life was over now? She'd even moved away from Fluff and her Twolegs. Echo new where she was if she stayed there, and she couldn'y bear the thought of returning to that filthy dump. Sighing, the laid her head in her paws, closing her eyes and listening to the birds sing, only to be interupted by a faint rustling a few cat-lengths away....
Rosewind
MidnightPride
MidnightPride

Female Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A New Life (Safira)

Post  Clare on 10/19/2010, 4:57 pm

Clare poked her head out of the bushes, waving her tail at Safira in a friendly manner. "Hope I didn't frighten you, I was practicing my stalking skills. Apparently I've gotten rusty." she meowed, a little embaressed that anyone heard her.
Clare
Twoleg
Twoleg

Female Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosewind on 10/19/2010, 11:01 pm

Safira looked up as the she-cat emerged, her bright green eyes staring at her lushious ginger fur. "No, you didn't startle me. But you might wanna look out for leaves when stalking," she said with a smile, getting up and padding over to her. While breathing in, she caught the faintest wiff of Clan scent, and looked curiously at the she-cat. "Were...were you in a Clan? I can smell the faintest bit of it here," she said, hoping she wasn't intruding.
Rosewind
MidnightPride
MidnightPride

Female Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Clare on 10/21/2010, 6:05 pm

"Once, yes." meowed Clare, forcing her fur to lay flat around the simply curious cat. "I realized that it was not the life for me, that I wasn't willing to put my life at stake for my clanmates any longer."

She looked up as a single snowflake landed right in the middle of her eyes and blinked, shaking it off quickly. "That is the one thing I do miss about my territory though, we were always the first to get snow over the other clans."
Clare
Twoleg
Twoleg

Female Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosewind on 10/22/2010, 12:13 am

Safira shook the snow off her fur, then sat back down. "I guess you lived pretty high up. I like the snow, even though all the little animals go away, it's so pretty when everything is sparkling and white. And the way things smell clean. It's the only time things smelled like that in the..." She stopped short. This cat used to be a Clan cat, and probably had a pretty sour attitude against former clawClan cats. "Oh, were are my manners. I didn't even introduce myself. My name's Safira. And yours is?" she asked, quickly changing the subject.
Rosewind
MidnightPride
MidnightPride

Female Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Clare on 10/23/2010, 5:06 pm

"Clare, my housefolks gave me the name." she meowed, giving her chest fur a quick lick. "You know you still smell a bit like the dump? It's underneath the scents of your housefolk though."
Clare
Twoleg
Twoleg

Female Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosewind on 10/24/2010, 1:07 am

Safira lightly sighed. They'd just made a U-turn back to the same subject. "I know. No mater how hard I try I can't get rid of that smell," she said, licking her paw. "I guess I'll just have to live with it." She wasn't just refering to her scent, but when her family left. She sighed again, looking down at her paws.
Rosewind
MidnightPride
MidnightPride

Female Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Clare on 10/24/2010, 5:36 pm

Clare leaned over and gave Safira a friendly lick on the head, to show that she didn't hold the she-cat's smell against her. "It's all right, the cats here won't hold it against you. They don't hold it against me from being a "wild" cat before."
Clare
Twoleg
Twoleg

Female Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosewind on 10/24/2010, 10:37 pm

"Sure, but you weren't part of a group of cats who tried to ruin everyone else's lives," Safira pouted, looking up at Clare.
Rosewind
MidnightPride
MidnightPride

Female Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Clare on 10/25/2010, 3:44 pm

"No, but are you trying to still ruin cat's lives? Are you not happy living with your twolegs and not causing trouble?" meowed Clare with a flick from one of her ears.
Clare
Twoleg
Twoleg

Female Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosewind on 10/25/2010, 11:12 pm

"No, I'm happy here. I didn't like it at first, but know I like it here," Safrira said. "I don't know, it just that cats don't visit me that often. You the first one to come around here in at least a moon."
Rosewind
MidnightPride
MidnightPride

Female Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Clare on 10/27/2010, 9:17 pm

"You can always go around to the other gardens and meet the other cats." meowed Clare as she licked her paw, then used it to wipe her own fur. "Most of them are fairly friendly, I'd wager one at least already knows you're here."
Clare
Twoleg
Twoleg

Female Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosewind on 10/28/2010, 9:28 pm

Safira nodded at Clare's words. "I guess, do you think any others will be outside? If anyone saw us they must think we're crazy, being outside in this whether, when we could be inside," she giggled, batting at a snowflake.
Rosewind
MidnightPride
MidnightPride

Female Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Clare on 10/29/2010, 2:05 pm

"I love this weather thought." purred Clare, fluffing out her short fur against the cold. "Ben's outside, he's got a thick pelt. I know Lucy went exploring, and Olivia can be talked outside if we let her know we want to chat. Her housefolk may let out Kabuki as well."
Clare
Twoleg
Twoleg

Female Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosewind on 10/30/2010, 7:39 pm

"Wow, you know everyone around here," Safira mewed, slightly imbarrassed at her lack of knowledge about the other cats. In ClawClan they don't teach you much social skills. You pretty much try to avoid the other cats, unless you're trying to pick a fight. "Why don't we see if we ccan find Lucy then? I wouldn't mind exploring a bit," she giggled, getting to her paws.
Rosewind
MidnightPride
MidnightPride

Female Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Clare on 11/1/2010, 5:31 pm

Clare sniffed the air, closing in on Lucy and also catching the scent of a tom she knew well. "Come on." she meowed with a flick of her tail, leaping onto the fence to walk forward. "Smell that? She's with Ben, you can meet them both."
Clare
Twoleg
Twoleg

Female Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosewind on 11/22/2010, 3:27 pm

~*~*~

Safira came back from her visit to see Clare, Lucy, and Ben. She bound from snow drift to snow drift, savoring how much fun it was. When she finished, she trotted up the the cat door and tried to push her way through, but found thjat it was locked. Locked? Why would the do that? They new I was outside, she thought, pushing harder, but the door didn't budge. She yowled for them, but no one answered to her frantic call. She jumped onto the windowsill and looked into the house, but all was dark. They're not here! But where did they go? They are always here durring this time of day! Where could they be? Then she noticed things were missing. The couch, tables, lamps, knick-knaks. Everything. "No...no...no," she whispered to herself shaking her head, green eyes fill with pain and sadness. Just as things were begining to go her way, something went wrong. Her twolegs had moved away without her, and had taken something speacial from her.

Right before Flick had disappeared, he'd found a shiny blue ribbon and had given it to her. It was so simple, yet beautiful, and she'd cherrished it. When he'd disappeared, it had been the only thing she had left of him, and now, it was gone.

Safira slunk back into the bushes and squeezed her eyes closed. "It's all a bad dream. Just wake up. All you have to do is wake up," she told herself, but it wasn't a dream. It was all too real. And for once in her life, Safira didn't know what to do.
Rosewind
MidnightPride
MidnightPride

Female Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 11/23/2010, 11:22 pm

Rage appears over the side of the fence, his long black tail dangling into the garden. Considering the scene with familiar yellow eyes and glancing around to see Echo slinking off into the distance - probably with a cunning plan to steal them some kits - he decides he is best left to his own devices.
Tilting his wide head at the female and putting on a sympathetic mrowl, the tom seems almost conversational and welcoming. A heavy grooming session recently leaves him with only the faintest whiff of the dumps, only recogniseable up close. "It's always a pity when they leave, isn't it? My housefolk went the same way."

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosewind on 11/24/2010, 4:52 pm

Safira looks up as a tom came over to her, and she quickly got up to her paws. "Realy?" she said, looking at him strangly,"What did you do?"
Rosewind
MidnightPride
MidnightPride

Female Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 11/25/2010, 1:51 am

Rage's paws give good balance on the flimsy fence, but he leaps down to land on the ground and curl his long black tail around a muscular flank. "I left, of course. No need to wait for more twolegs to leave me in the cold; I went and joined the cats in the dump." Even from here he can smell the faint familiarity of her fur. She was with them, before the battle. Why had she not returned? Rage had survived through sheer force, beating his way through cats; but they'd given even him scars across his nose. Was she scared?

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosewind on 11/26/2010, 12:14 am

Safira's eyes instantly narrowed when she heard where he was from. She new exactly what he was doing. Recruting. And she new from the surprised look on his face that he'd recognised her scent, so, there was no need for her to try to hide it.

"Guess you're wondering why I didn't go back," she said, as she started to stalk around Rage. "Well, I left with my mate durring the battle to save the kits. Later, Echo came and took one of the kits we had saved. Tail was his name if I remember it right. She threatened to take my kits as well, so we locked ourselves up in the house. Some left and joined the clans, others went to other twolegs. My mate disappeared and I was left alone. Now how was I supposed to know what Echo would do to me, with all of her new followers. I took kits, I'm pretty sure she sees me as a treator. So, no thank you, I'm not going back. I rather stay here," she said, un sheathing her claws and baring her teeth, ready if he tried to make her come.
Rosewind
MidnightPride
MidnightPride

Female Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 11/29/2010, 1:26 pm

Rage takes note of her unsheathed claws, the thick muscles shifting under his coat absently as the prepare for him to run or fight. Not that he intends to do either, a purring laugh being let lose from inside his chest. "If Echo saw you as a traitor, do you think I would be here? I came to offer you another chance, kittypet. Whether you take it or not is not up to me."
With that the black cat turns about, leaping straight over the fence in a single powerful bound and disappearing off down the row of houses to find his leader. No doubt the tom will be informing Echo of Safira's whereabouts, just in case... but for the moment, there are kits to steal, places to be.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosewind on 12/1/2010, 7:40 pm

Safira growled as Rage left, her fur standing on edge. But she was considering what to do. Not many cats would have joined ClawClan by now, they needed followers. Maybe if she went back, Echo wouldn't do anything. But then again, this was Echo she was talking about. Then she remembered overhearing some one talking about a kit that they'd not seen in a while. She already new what had happened. Maybe...maybe I could go and try to... her thoughts trailed off. If she tried to steal annother kit she was certain some one would kill her. And what'll my friends think? She'd already lost so much. She wasn't sure she could handle leaving her new friends. And if she hid away with one of them, she'd be putting them in danger. Maybe I should talk to Clare, she thought, she'd been in a Clan. Hopefully she could help her.

Safira then fluffed up her fur and set off in the opposite dirrection of Rage. I need to disappear for a while, until it's safe, she thought, then disappeared over the fence...
Rosewind
MidnightPride
MidnightPride

Female Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top